An Investment in your child's futureTuition & Financial Aid
Tuition & Fees
|School Year 2023-2024|
|Primary A-B (Grades K-3)||$22,568|
|Suite I-V (Grades 4-8)||$26,000|
|Graduation Fee (Ste. V only)||$150|
|Talcott Parent Group (TPG) Dues
(1 payment per household)
*Discounted tuition rates are available for families who pay their tuition in full by March 1, 2023. In addition to early payment options, families will receive a 20% discount on tuition rates for a second, third or subsequent enrolled child from the same family.
At Talcott Mountain Academy (TMA), we believe all students are entitled to an inspired education. While we aim to make the Talcott Mountain Academy experience affordable and available to as many students as possible, financial aid and scholarship funds are finite. Unfortunately, the Academy is not able to provide financial assistance to every deserving student.
The application for financial aid and scholarships does not affect the admission process and regardless of financial need families should initiate the admission process as early as possible. Awards are given to returning students first; early applications are encouraged.
School and Student Services (SSS) is used to process financial aid applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools, of which TMA is a member. SSS will gather current (after your income taxes have been filed) financial information for your family. Based on this information, SSS calculates and provides TMA an estimated amount your family can contribute towards educational expenses. This information is used to assist TMA in making fair and objective financial aid decisions.
To begin your financial aid application for the upcoming school year, follow these steps below:
- Visit sss.nais.org. The Talcott Mountain Academy school code is 7603.
- If this is your first time using SSS, you will be required to create an account. Creating an account will allow you to return to your Parent Financial Statement (PFS) at a later date before submitting it. If you used SSS in prior years, log in to your SSS account to begin a new PFS for the upcoming academic year.
- Provide the complete information required by SSS and submit your PFS.
Of note, if you have multiple children attending TMA, you are only required to complete one PFS. All data collected for financial aid purposes is held in strict confidence, as are the amounts of financial aid awards. Financial aid is awarded on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to gender, race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
For both new and returning families, a financial aid application is required every academic year.
In addition to financial aid, five different scholarships are also available. A descirption of each of the scholarships and additional conditions and/or criteria for eligibility are listed below.
- Johnathan Hamilton Alumni Fund — Established in memory of Johnathan Hamilton, a TMA alumnus, Class of 2015, who died suddenly in October 2020 at the age of 19. The Fund provides tuition assistance to selected students in kindergarten through eighth grade attending the Talcott Mountain Academy of Science, Mathematics and Technology (TMA).
- Nancy La Salle Scholarship for girls — Preference is given to girls living in or around New Britain and Bristol and to those of Polish decent.
- Brian & Marilyn Lindsay Foundation Scholarship — Provides tuition assistance to selected students entering grades K-8 at Talcott Mountain Academy of Science, Mathematics and Technology. Given in memory of Brian Lindsay and his passion for astronomy, the fund supports those students for whom full tuition is beyond the family’s ability to pay. Special consideration will be given to students who exhibit a passion for science.
- Lindsay-Cloud Scholarship — Distributed to a selected student(s) from the African diaspora who will attend Talcott Mountain Academy. The Fund was established by Talcott Mountain Academy alumnus Robin Cloud, class of 1989, and her wife, Katherine Lindsay.
- Roosa Family Scholarship — Open to students in grades 6-8 living in the cities and towns served by the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.
The information required to submit along with the application for any of the scholarships is as follows:
1. Completed Scholarship Application form, once completed please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Official year-end report cards
3. School and Student Services (SSS) Parent Financial Statement (instructions to complete this step are located under Financial Aid)
The deadline for the first round of financial aid and scholarships is April 3, 2023.
Should you have any questions or concerns, or if you need help completing these processes, please contact the Academy at (860) 677-0035.